Same job, different uniform.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

A Christmas Carol: Alternate Version

Jon was on the phone and I was distracted with hanging Christmas lights. I laced the long strands over the silver bowl with the reindeer handles and they made a soft clinking sound.

He heard the jingling and asked if I was being visited by three goats. I'm certain of it.

"Goats?" I replied.

"What?" he said.

"What do three goats have to do with it?" (Was he talking about three billy goats gruff? How random!)

"Ghosts, not goats!" He laughed hard. "As in the three ghosts that visited Scrooge on Christmas Eve."

And then it started.

It ended about five minutes later, but the best line that emerged was, "My salvation is at stake and you send me three goats!"


SHARE THIS: Facebook | Stumble It! | Del.icio.us | DiggIt! | Technorati

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...




Oh Christmas Goat: A Carol

Oh Christmas Goat
Oh Christmas Goat
How shiny are your haunches
Oh Christmas Goat
Oh Christmas Goat
You always make right hunches

You bring us presents on Christmas Day
And then we feed you bales of hay
Oh Christmas Goat
Oh Christmas Goat
How shiny are your haunches

Friday, December 15, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home